Mission - Vision - Accreditation
The New York State Children’s Alliance, Inc. (NYSCA) is the membership organization representing Child Advocacy Centers (CACs) and Multidisciplinary Teams (MDTs) which provide services to abused children in 61 counties and four tribal nations throughout New York State.
NYSCA began in 1996 as an informal, statewide network to provide a forum for information sharing, networking, and peer support for CACs and MDTs. In 2010, NYSCA became an independent 501(c) 3 non-profit organization and achieved full accreditation in 2012 by the National Children’s Alliance signifying delivery of services at the highest level. In 2020, NYSCA celebrated their 10th anniversary.
The Mission of the New York State Children’s Alliance, Inc. is to promote the development, growth, and continuation of Multidisciplinary Teams and Child Advocacy Centers throughout New York State in order to provide healing and justice to abused and neglected children, and their families.
Empowering communities fighting to end child abuse is the Vision of the New York State Children’s Alliance.
We will work tirelessly to realize our vision by drawing on our values:
- Children deserve to be safe from abuse
- Communities are where our work will and should have the greatest impact
- Respect for all is paramount in everything that we do
- Leadership builds change that lasts and lasts through change.
NYSCA works closely with the following partner agencies to provide support to our members:
- National Children’s Alliance
- Northeast Regional Children’s Advocacy Center
- NYS Office of Children and Family Services
- NYS Division of Criminal Justice Services
- NYS Office of Victim Services