One Too Many NY 5K
Join New York State in a VIRTUAL 5K Run/Walk for the Kids
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis our member Child Advocacy Centers have been staying open providing essential support and services, in a safe manner, to abused children and their families. Unfortunately, many of these centers’ fundraisers have been cancelled or rescheduled for 2021. The vital work of our centers needs to continue.
1 in 10 children will be abused before their 18th birthday, and one child abused is One Too Many.
The One Too Many NY 5K-to end child abuse is an opportunity for you to show your support and get moving to make a difference.
Registrations are accepted until Sunday, September 20th!
Once you register, select the child advocacy center you would like to support (see the list of participating centers below.) Then, pick the day between Sept. 17-20, 2020, pick the time, pick the route—it can be your neighborhood, your favorite park or even your treadmill.
This is a great way to stay apart, practice social distancing, and still come together in support of the children throughout New York state. Your $35 entry fee will entitle you to a run/walk bib and a chance to win some prizes. Best of all, you are supporting the child advocacy center of your choice with critical dollars as they help abused children receive free services and hope for the future.
Don’t forget to take selfies, take videos, and if you’re an avid runner, submit your time to us at the conclusion of the 5K.
Click HERE to see the complete information sheet* for participants.
You may win in one of these categories: (Winners will be selected from all the participants, not based on individual local communities.)
• Best view on my run/walk
• Dogs need a 5K too
• I’m a Superhero
• Best decorated race bib
• Best celebration photo
• Best time
Those registering now (Sept. 15th-Sept. 20th) will receive their race bib and information sheet via email.
There are no geographical limits to this virtual event, so please encourage family and friends far and near to sign up!
Let’s run for the kids and end child abuse.
Participating Child Advocacy Centers:
- Advocacy Center of Tompkins County
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Chemung County Child Advocacy Center
- Child Advocacy Center at WIHD
- Child Advocacy Center of Cayuga County
- Child Advocacy Center of Columbia & Greene Counties
- Child Advocacy Center of Niagara
- Child Advocacy Center of Northern New York
- Child Advocacy Center of Oswego County
- Child Advocacy Center of the Finger Lakes
- Child Advocacy Center of Putnam County
- Child at Risk Response Team of Schoharie County
- Clinton County District Attorney's Child Advocacy Center
- Cortland County Child Advocacy Program
- Harriet W. West Child Advocacy Center
- Madison County Children’s Advocacy Center
- New York State Children’s Alliance, Inc. (NYSCA)
- Otsego County Child Advocacy Center
- START Children’s Center
- The Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse (CPCA)
Please email us if you have any questions. #OneTooManyNY5K