Join New York State in a VIRTUAL 5K Run/Walk for the Kids
Throughout the COVID-19 crisis our member Child Advocacy Centers have been staying open providing essential support and services, in a safe manner, to abused children and their families. Unfortunately, many of these centers’ fundraisers have been cancelled or rescheduled for 2021. The vital work of our centers needs to continue.
The One Too Many NY 5K is an opportunity for you to show your support and get moving to make a difference because one child abused is one too many.
Select a day from Thursday, September 17 to Sunday, September 20 to participate in the One Too Many NY 5K (virtual race/walk).
Register here by August 22, 2020 and select the child advocacy center you would like to support (see the list of participating centers below.) Then pick a day, pick a time, pick a route—it can be your neighborhood, your favorite park or even your treadmill.
This is a great way to stay apart, practice social distancing, and still come together in support of the children throughout New York state. Your $35 entry fee will entitle you to an event t-shirt, a run/walk bib, and a chance to win some prizes. Best of all, you are supporting the child advocacy center of your choice with critical dollars and helping abused children receive free services and hope for the future.
This virtual event does not have any geographical limits, so encourage family and friends far and near to sign up! Let’s run for the kids and end child abuse.
Participating Child Advocacy Centers:
- Advocacy Center of Tompkins County
- Bivona Child Advocacy Center
- Chemung County Child Advocacy Center
- Child Advocacy Center at WIHD
- Child Advocacy Center of Cayuga County
- Child Advocacy Center of Columbia & Greene Counties
- Child Advocacy Center of Niagara
- Child Advocacy Center of Northern New York
- Child Advocacy Center of Oswego County
- Child Advocacy Center of the Finger Lakes
- Child Advocacy of Putnam County
- Child at Risk Response Team of Schoharie County
- Clinton County District Attorney's Child Advocacy Center
- Cortland County Child Advocacy Program
- Harriet W. West Child Advocacy Center
- Madison County Children’s Advocacy Center
- New York State Children’s Alliance, Inc. (NYSCA)
- Otsego County Child Advocacy Center
- START Children’s Center
- The Center for the Prevention of Child Abuse (CPCA)